The AIPP (International Professional Press Association) was set up in 1964 by several publishers of the professional journals during the World Championships at Bâle (Switzerland). Its first management meeting elected Otto Schwaar (Journal de l'Union des Maîtres Coiffeurs Suisses) and Pierre Carmes (Le Coiffeur de France), President and General Secretary-Treasures respectively, who will hold these posts for twenty-five years. Camille Rubis (La Coiffure de Paris) was elected President in 1990 in Rotterdam. He, along with the Committee, has re-organized the A.I.P.P. to make it what it is today.
Since October 5th, 1992 at the time of the General Meeting during the World Championships in Tokyo (Japan), the President of AIPP has been Roberto Pissimiglia (Estetica-Italy).
Today the AIPP assembles 72 magazines from 35 countries representing nearly all of the trade publications addressed to hairdressers throughout the world.
The Steering Direction Committee is now composed by Roberto Pissimiglia (President), Andrea Mascarenhas (Vice-President) and Sergi Bancells (General Secretary).
- to represent the trade press of the hairdressing industry to institutions and at the public events.
- to promote the image, the value and the importance of the trade professional press through advertising, editorials, mailings and PR activities.
- to develop relationships with the hairdressing organisations present in each country (in particular with the OMC), producing and distributing reports and photo-reportages on their conventions and competitions.
- to involve and to make the major beauty companies and operators aware of the various activities of the professional press.
- to support the relationships and co-operations among the different publishers through: regular contact by mail, regular updating meetings and conventions, newsletters and the Forum on the AIPP web site.
- to participate with an active presence to the major international Shows worldwide, with a multiple booth, with press conferences and press releases for the hairdressing operators.
- to organize the "Grand Trophy of the Professional Press", confirming the importance of the professional trade press to the hairdressers all over the world.
Copyright © 1995-2014 AIPP. All Rights Reserved. Web design